Password protect

Saturday, September 26

5K kicked into high gear

Yes, I've heard it all before: "From the mouth of babes", "Children will humble you", "I can't wait until you have your own children" yadda yadda yadda. But can anyone really have a fighting chance at truly understanding all these until you have your own? I dare anyone to disagree.

Three days ago: Jim comes home from working late. Him and Katherine have precious father/daughter time in the bedroom while he's emptying his pockets, asking about her day, telling her about his etc. I happen to saunter in and see her holding a small object up to her eye trying to look at objects closely. It's Jim's magnifying glass he uses to observe leaves. She then proceeds to walk around behind me, hold it up to my badonkadonk and exclaim, "Daddy, Mommy's hiney looks big in the magifine glass!" Hearty laughing ensues from the 6' member of the family. Yeah, I'm sure there was no coaching there.

This morning: Background #1 - sometimes when Katherine doesn't eat enough, I'll gently feel her tummy, poking around and declare there IS more room for food. She is not allowed to leave the table yet.
Background #2 - yesterday she was a bear to be around from about 10:30am on to lunch because she insisted the half of a waffle was all she was hungry for while eating breakfast.
So, back to this morning, half a waffle into breakfast and two bites of a banana she declares she's full. I insist she eat more.
K: Does my tummy look full? Why don't you feel it to check?
M: I don't need to feel it. I can see it from here. There's plenty of room for more food.
K: You mean it needs to get bigger like yours?

Really? Big hiney? Big tummy? I thought 'from the mouth of babes' meant they said insightful things that we can draw meaningful life experiences from like,
"Why don't people like all other people"
"I'd like to open up that Dorito truck and share all the chips with all my friends"
"Did you know that Jesus loves all the children of the world, mommy"
Ok, ok, so I have heard these insightful phrases, but must the comments go on about my body shape and size? I've been blessed with being blinded by body types, weights and sizes (including my own) but now mine have become more obvious. I can be thankful the messenger is so darn cute.

I think my exercise routine for the 5K I'm attempting to run in the Fall needs to be kicked into high gear.

1 comment:

  1. Hey..will that be the turkey trot? If so , I'll see you there. :o)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails