Password protect

Sunday, June 21

Scattered Sunday

"Today is ALL about Father's Day, Daddy" was one of the proclamations made by little lady this morning. Jim told me what she said, then he said, "I don't know what you've been telling her about today, but she thinks it's some huge deal." The weird part was that all I said was at the breakfast table, "Katherine, did you know that today is Father's Day?" That was it! I hadn't talked about it throughout the week, or the day before, nothing. I was kind of bummed about having to work on his thesis for Father's Day instead of doing something fun, so I just didn't bring it up. Guess she just knew how big of a deal it is supposed to be.

I don't know how many other mothers do this, or if it's even cute to the strangers we come into contact with, but I truly enjoy letting her wear her purple princess dress on short, one-stop trips. When her and I made our weekly Sunday evening trek to Subway, I let her keep on her dress AND the princess shoes (even though they are hard to walk in). It's so cute and gets lots of smiles from mostly any-age moms. It won't be long before she really cares about whether or not she's fashionable. What's a purple, sequin, glitter-covered dress if it's not shown off? Watch out Subway, we're coming back next week!

One interesting trait that is surfacing in both munchkins is their eyes. When Katherine was little, she had the biggest, brightest, beautiful, blue eyes that I loved to gaze into.









(Above) Here she is at 7 months old, a little upset that I'd put her in a pumpkin outfit for Halloween, but hanging in there.









(Above) Nathan at 8 months old. Do you notice a similarity also? The shape, color, bridge of their noses, eyelashes, lines under their eyes. I thought they looked similar. I LOVE Katherine's eyes and look forward to seeing what Nathan's will look like in a year or two.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there. God has given you the drive and talent to not only love your family but also provide for them, and for that we are thankful. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails