Password protect

Wednesday, June 3

Makin' progress

Today was playgroup day, and because my little man has turned into the Princess and the Pea when it comes to sleeping (he totally gets that from me), we had playgroup at our house today. It was only Jodi and Aidan, but still very fun. We decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather, blazing hot sun to warm the frigid hose water collecting in the kiddie pool and quiet time inside for my sleeping Prince. So after breakfast, I told Katherine to go put on her bathing suit to get the backyard ready for fun, fun, fun. She used the bathroom first and after WAAAAAY too long in the bathroom I called from the kitchen:

Mommy: Katherine, are you okay?
Katherine: Yeth mommy, I still pooping.
M: OK. Let me know if I can help.
K: OK, Mommy.
Minutes later...she comes walking into the kitchen with her pajama shirt on and nothing else while holding up her Belle (from Beauty and the Beast) panties between her thumb and pointy finger with her nose scrunched up and says:
K: Mommy, you want to smell these?
M: Uh, no. Is there a reason why I should smell them?
K: Mommy, they smell like poopy.
The careful and quick inspection showed no tell-tale signs of the obvious, so she received further instructions to put on her bathing suit.

(Picture taken previously but a true sign of what happens when the bathroom stay is extended)









































And my little man pleasantly surprised me this morning by peacefully going back to sleep after feeding at 6:30 and not waking until 7:45. Although, for nap time today, I waited until he had been quiet for 15 minutes before I decided to go inside his room and put a blanket over him (afraid the A/C vent might be waking him up), and he suddenly heard me walk in. He jerked his head up and I fell to the floor. Then the whimpering started and one hand peered over the bumper pad. More whimpering and two hands peered; the legs stood up and he was looking toward the door. I was precariously perched half way under the crib trying to hide from his sudden wakening. He then looked over to the closet, then down and saw two feet on the floor. His eyes curiously followed the feet to the body and head attached to MOMMY! He was very confused. My hearty-laughing didn't seem to calm him either. I'm sure it was all just too much. He didn't take anymore of a nap.

We're makin' progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails