Password protect

Saturday, April 2

Practical Angels

I'll admit it, there was about a 2-week period I was ready to send my children back to where they came from. It seemed the arguing, fighting, cattiness, kicking, biting, hair-pulling, whining, not-sleeping and crankiness would never end. But thankfully, the good Lord stepped in and decided to give me a sabbatical in real tough kid-raising by transforming our children into practical angels. I'm sure ALL the work was done on them, not me or my attitude by any means; regardless they have been pure joys to be around.

I know, I'm not supposed to say anything, much less write it out, for fear of jinxing the good-behavior streak working on our behalf but, too many times I feel I write about how they're not behaving the way they should. Their actions have been so remarkably different, I feel a lovingly/motherly duty to not only praise them in person (which I have been doing A LOT), but to also write it down for the Blog Book.

So, you heard it straight from the horse's mouth: our children have been marvelous little creatures to be around and I've enjoyed every minute with them. Even when one of them gets a little sideways, I seem to have crazy amounts of patience to deal with it and help them work through it. Like I said, I'm sure it's all them, and nothing was being worked on in my heart.

I know my friends and family members sure heard enough of my mouth during our rough patch and I'm sure a majority of them were praying for my sanity and our kid's well-being. Whatever the answer, because I'll truly never know the extent of my loved ones' prayers for my family, I am thankful.

And I am reminded: "We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God..." Romans 8:28 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails