Password protect

Tuesday, April 5

Son, I apologize

Son, this post is dedicated to you.

(My Nathan son. As of right now, my only son living outside of the womb.)

Sometimes you leave me no choice. Your toddler cuteness overrides any level of sanity I may have when taking pictures of you. I know, I know, I'm supposed to be fostering any and all developments you may have into manhood. But frankly, manhood doesn't lend itself to being very "cute."

So I'm stranded at a crossroads: do I take those embarrassing pictures of my adorable son, while his innocence is so unmistakable or do I do my best to tuck those pictures away in my failing memory for the sake of saving any amount of respectability he might wish to retain?

Well, you and I both know the answer to that.

So here goes...

You, 2 1/2 years old, wearing your sister's pink fuzzy boots, pushing a bubble lawn mower.

It just doesn't get any cuter son, I'm sorry. One day, when your voice is deep and your face must be shaved regularly, you'll know that these days are long gone. There will be no fear of your manhood being compromised because it is well established. But until then, I apologize. I love you more than you'll ever know and I cherish these days of your cuteness, BTS (before the stubble).

Love,
~Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails