Password protect

Wednesday, April 20

Our finished bedroom

Ta Dah! The new and improved master bedroom!

Make sure you look at these old pictures because the difference is shocking!

The old bedroom

The new and improved bedroom decorating project, designed on a dime...
Biggest change = blue-ribbon blue paint was replaced by a silver-y blue. Can I say Love It enough? No, I cannot. The bed quilt has been around since when we got married, almost 10 years ago. Even before then I had this same quilt back in the college days. Only back then, it was a queen size.
I stopped by the same used furniture place that I bought the short cross-beamed bed frame, and bought two Cape Cod inspired night stands. They didn't match exactly, but after a nice, fresh, hi-gloss coat of white paint, they look almost identical. I had the baskets left over from the bathroom reno BK (before kids).
For some reason, I've had a strong desire to create a window-inspired structural piece above our headboard. These windows came from a house that was literally falling apart, located in the "back 40" of Jim's parent's land. We made a trip with the grandparents in Papa's red truck, trudged through the 12-year-old pine trees and undergrowth, overgrown bamboo and carefully entered the house with the collapsing roof. Jim and Papa carefully removed 6 windows: 3 with muntins, 3 without. Then it was my job to clean up these two and paint them. Love them! I even added a light behind it.
For the window treatments, I used the same sheers that we already had, just cut them in half (because they were being used as a swag pattern) and raised the curtain rod to create the appearance of higher windows/ceiling.

We ended up removing the two dark-wood dressers Jim brought to the marriage from his childhood and "the boys" inherited them. So we're down to 2 dressers, from 4. Yes, that was difficult, but there's more room now. :) Especially for the bassinet.
Ultimately, the only "purchases" were the paint and night stands. Some sewing, painting and rearranging later, it looks like we have a brand new bedroom. But most importantly, I love it. It is a relaxing place for me to rest and one I am extremely proud of.

Kind of like these two "posers". They insisted on being in the pictures also, and why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails