Password protect

Friday, April 22

GBB Spring Program

It's been a whole year since last year's Spring Program.


I still needed a hanky, but this time for a little different reasons.
Besides being big pregnant, uncomfortable and frustrated with the boy for not sleeping exactly when and how long I had planned on him to sleep, all I could do was think about how 5 years ago I had an infant just a week old. And now I'm sitting in the church watching her sing in front of hundreds. She just seemed so much bigger than last year.
She wasn't nervous or anxious or scared. Just singing like she had been taught and practiced many times. She was a year older, a year cooler, a year wiser, a year bigger and a year smarter. And it all showed in her confidence walking up onto the stage, ready to perform.
Nathan did better than I thought he would have, thanks to the Job-like patience of Daddy.
There was one incident where my tears were caught by a family member's video camera and I had to quickly hold up the crinkled up tissue to hide my red-splotchy face. It's all so embarrassing, can you imagine how my husband feels and how my kids will feel?

After the performance, Katherine got to hang out with the cousins and friends and play in the grassy area.
These girls have become good friends: A, AC & Katherine. All blue-eyed cutie-patooties.
That night was a little harder than usual also because of the National Exam I was scheduled to take the next morning. After the performance, the kids went with Bamah & Papa to stay the night and Daddy and I went home to finalize the packing of my books, pencils, protractors, erasers, snacks, calculators, etc. We woke up bright and early the next morning at 3:45 and we were out the door by 4:45. We grabbed a quick bite to eat at Perkins before we got to the testing facility, and I was checked in by 7am.

Everybody keeps asking, "How do you think you did?" and my answer is:

I have no idea.

There was about half an hour where I was fighting sleep, but soon the York Peppermint Patties kicked in and my sugar rush perked me up. There were many moments of doubt, "Why am I doing this again? Who in their right mind would go to this much trouble to do this?" There were moments of confidence, which must have happened right after the sugar high because I was flying through the questions then.

My first 4-hour test I finished in a little over 3 hours. The sweet 80-year-old proctor lady declared me a genius and told me when to come back after lunch. And the second 2-hour test I finished in a little less time.

The highlight of the whole test-taking experience was when the sweet 80-year-old proctor lady fell asleep in her chair sitting in the back of the class. She fell out of her chair with a loud thud, unharmed thankfully, but I started my giggle fit and couldn't stop. Reminded me of when I'd get in trouble in Mrs. Brydon's Honors Biology class for laughing at other classmates for nodding off in her class. Something about people sleeping, including myself, cracks me up and I can't stop.

I've got enough going on to worry about this test. I'm guessing just about the time when I truly forget about it, the results will come in the mail and my heart will fall into my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails