Password protect

Wednesday, March 30

The Ravines revisited

We made a trip to Palatka as one of our Spring Break soirees, to visit the Ravine Gardens. Diaper issues weren't on the radar this time, thank goodness, so a good time was had by all.

Mer was our official tour guide, considering she lived in P-town through her high school years and she made sure to point out the old high school and tell stories about the "good ole days."
The flowers were beautiful. I think we hit it at the right time this year.
Check this out. The only way he would take a picture next to her was if she was kneeling down below him, was not touching him and allowed him to have a hold of her neck. Can you see "I'm a stinker" written all over his face?
Capturing some Mer/Grandson love. No, that's not staged or anything.
I thought this was interesting. The following two pictures were taken within feet of each other. This one was in the sun, showing the hard shadows.
And this one was two steps back in the shade. Huge difference, I think.
Sometimes I think it would be fun to be a fly on the wall (or in this case, a tree) when I'm out with my kids. For some reason, I felt extremely compelled to explain what the word "suspended" meant to Katherine, as we were walking across the suspended bridge. She was the least bit interested, but I still chased her down, explaining the whole time and even trying to give her examples, of what "suspended" meant as I held her up with my arms, weak stomach muscles and all. One day she'll get old enough to tell me she really doesn't care. Until then, I'm coming after you sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails