Password protect

Saturday, December 8

Nathan's 1st day of school

Can't remember if I've mentioned the whole wait-list situation with St. Paul's Pre-school right by our house, so here goes anyway.

Back when I was trying to get Katherine into a 3-year-old program, I called St. Paul's around June/July asking about entrance into the program.  There was a waiting list and Katherine was #12 on it.  I didn't know then how hot this little school was within walking distance of our house when I made that first call, but I quickly learned.  Friends, friend's friends and heresay helped me figure out that the "norm" was to be there on the day of open registration, before the office opened, and wait in line.  Uh, okay.

Katherine ended up going elsewhere and we never got a call inviting her.  #12 was too far down on the list I guess.

This year, the day of open registration in January, the office opened at 8 and I had to drop Katherine off at 8.  Me and the boys hot-footed it over there as soon as we could and got in line at 8:30.  The line was 25 people long!  NOT KIDDING!

I found out later on that people were there at midnight that morning!  NOT KIDDING!

Anyway, after all that, Nathan ended up being #4 on the waiting list.  I thought, "January to August, certainly 4 kids will drop out to make a spot for him.  Right?"

I even got a call in June saying he was moved up to first on the waiting list.  Just need one little kid to leave and he's in!  Sweet!

June came and left.  No call from St. Paul's.

July came and left.  No call from St. Paul's.

August came and left.  No call from St. Paul's.

September came and left.  No call from St. Paul's.  Jim and I had a talk about waiting vs. finding another school.  We decided to hang on through his birthday.

October came and left.  No call from St. Paul's.

November came and right around Thanksgiving they FINALLY said there was an opening.  We opted to wait until January since we had already started him at another school the beginning of November and there were only 2 weeks of school in December.

So January 2nd, the same day Sissy went back to school after Christmas break, Nathan started at St. Paul's.

The other little school he attended was very loving, accommodating, kind and generous.  He was starting to act out here at home, out of boredom I'm sure, so the 2 days a week at Loving care was just enough.

Here he is his first real day of school, at Loving Care.


Rocking the Spidey lunch box.

Yes, there were tears

No, they weren't from him.  That's just what I do when my babies go to school for their first day.


He walked right into class, followed the directions on where to put his lunch box and jacket and sat down.  His teachers beamed when describing what a good boy he was.  Every time I picked him up for those 6 weeks, Miss Judy would brag about how kind, helpful and well-behaved he was.  She was sad to see him go right before Christmas.

So after Christmas, Nathan started his new school at St. Paul's.  He did the same thing.  Walked right in.  Followed directions.  Sat down.  Was a stellar young man.  Received raving reviews from his teacher.

His little friend Jackson is in his class too!

Great news is we're considered alum now, so hopefully the process won't be so difficult for Brandon.

I love you big man.  You melt my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails