Password protect

Friday, May 28

A visit to the farm

We got to go visit my dad, CowPapa, at his house today.
As you can imagine, Nathan was in heaven. Not only did he get to ride and "drive" dad's lawn mower, he got to also drive the buggy, Dodge dually, boat and John Deere tractor (that just happened to match the shirt his mommy made him). Whoo hoo! Can it get any better than that?
Katherine was slightly less than impressed with the outing. Go figure. Her grip on my leg would get a little tighter when the cows got too close to the buggy, the dogs were too friendly and the bugs landed on her too much. I'm afraid she's not much of an outside kinda gal. I'm sure her non-interest in the farm had nothing to do with her tripping and falling into fresh manure, with both hands. It was hard for both of them to remember there were fresh patties all around the feed troughs, so the shoes got a good hosin' off after all was said and done. The good news is, I'm getting better about all this kids-mixing-with-cow-poop stuff, I prepared for it. (Thank you God for travel-size and convenient antibacterial wet wipes)

And look at Nathan here, I even excitedly called out the word "EXCAVATOR" to try to get him to look up. Didn't work, he could care less if the world crumbled around him. There was a tractor nearby. I think the only thing she has on her mind has to do with washing her hands with soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails