Password protect

Tuesday, May 25

Summer days have begun

Now rather than get all upset that we have a blue hole in the ground located in our screened back porch that will cost over $5k to make functional again, I choose to look at the bright side.

  1. Our kids aren't old enough to swim by themselves anyway and it can be rather exhausting trying to keep two of them from drowning.
  2. Pools are very expensive and very time consuming to keep up.
So the next best option is a $15 pool from Wal-Mart inflated and set up in the back porch. Shoot, we got a pool. Yep, come on by. Just make sure you're not wearing sharp shoes when you get in.
We started out with the freezin' cold water from the hose and I got the bright idea to add boiling water. Nobody got hurt, but all I could do was think, "this is a disaster waiting to happen." I added about 3 gallons of boiling water and it warmed it maybe a degree. We'll have to wait for ole Mother Nature to do that warming.

Katherine got all excited about putting on her bathing suit. Nathan got down to his bare essentials (those swim diapers must be scratchy) and boy did I convince the girl to smile pretty for me. I'm sure it had nothing to do with threatening to make her get out unless she smiled for the camera. Nathan's trigger has more to do with being able to look at his picture after it's taken. Whatever works.


Here, he's saying, "I see, I see!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails