Password protect

Thursday, June 28

Tupperware Tyke

Boy, if this isn't a sign of mothering a 3rd child, I don't know what is in my world.


Katherine had her own tupperware/pots-n-pans drawer.  Everything in that drawer was fair play for her to enjoy while we were in the kitchen together.  We found a way to prop open the drawer, she emptied it, re-stocked it, banged pots, put lids on, took them off and played until her little heart was content.


Well, I tried that with Brandon and he prefers the real thing.  The tupperware we use regularly to store our leftovers in is also there for Brandon's playtime enjoyment, apparently.  No matter how much I tried to switch him over to the play drawer, he wouldn't have it.


I spent 20 minutes of my life to hand wash and neatly place the tupperware back in its right place, 1 time.  And then I decided on something different.  I made a new rule in our house and informed the other regular-kitchen-attender of it: You must wash or rinse out any tupperware container and lid before you use it.  Including the steamer basket, the hamburger mold, the apple slicer, the pots and pans and the cheese grater.  Basically anything stored in the bottom cabinets.


I know, I know, you're thinking, "Why is your child playing with an apple slicer and a cheese grater?"  Well, I don't want him to be playing with it, and I frankly haven't thought about moving them up higher until typing this out.  (Maybe I should do that.  No maybe I shouldn't.  He would just find anything else stored in the bottom cabinets and play with them.  I don't have enough room to move everything up to the higher cabinets anyway.  Who am I kidding.  We're sticking with the rinse-before-you-use technique for the entire bottom half of the kitchen.)


So, thank goodness we have this understanding about pre-washing/rinsing.  Guess I better pass that on to any guests that visit our kitchen.
 

Another day, same cutie.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails