Password protect

Tuesday, June 19

Late Easter pics

I thought this was funny enough to share.  It's incredibly late, considering Easter was April 8th and today is June 19th.  Sweet late-blogging.

These pictures were humorous because of the kid's outfits.  I stayed home to care for Brandon, who was sick, and Jim took the other 2 to church.  Years past have taught me to let the kids wear whatever play clothes their little heart's desired, because ultimately they will change, after the egg hunt and breakfast, into their fancy Easter clothes anyway.

My somber mood that morning was mainly due to our family not being together for the 2nd Easter in a row, but I can bet you what topped it all off was watching my precious first two babies leave without me and their little brother, to go celebrate Easter at church wearing this:

Spiderman made it to the Easter morning egg hunt...


And so did the pink leopard print/teal sparkle/red-white gingham combo outfit - with leggings.

  

I am a shallow, shallow person.  I think to myself, "Self, your beautiful children will be in other people's Easter egg hunt pictures wearing Spiderman and the wicked combo."  And those people's children will grow up, look at the pictures their parents took, and feel sorry for the Boyer children that had nothing nicer to wear for Easter morning.

Deep sigh

Thank goodness Nathan doesn't understand that he was carrying around a sweet pink, wicker, little bunny Easter basket to collect his eggs.  At least my friend A gave her son L a boyish backpack to collect eggs.

 
Something tells me the boys enjoyed collecting eggs a tad more than the girls did.



 

Here's to hoping Easter 2013 is phenomenal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails