Password protect

Wednesday, August 12

Surprise!

The surprise graduation party was a huge success and a surprise.Thank-you so much to all the people who helped set up, clean up, prepare food, buy food and drinks, picked up and delivered food, kept a secret and kept me sane throughout the whole planning process. If you've never done it before, ('it' being keeping a secret like a party in honor of your husband with a rather large guest list) it's taxing.

He was genuinely surprised. He's never been a fan of surprise parties, especially for himself. But here's the deal, he made it VERY clear that he didn't want a party because of the set-up, clean-up, planning, etc. So, I took it upon myself to take care of the details, with help of course, and plan one for him. Boyer women find pretty soon into marriage that Boyer men don't let us do nice things for them very often, particularly if it involves money. So I over-rode his 'authority' and made the executive decision to make him spend time enjoying good food and good company and accept the recognition he deserved.

Daddy/Uncle Jim with future UF graduates. Watch out Gainesville!(Our son was trying to set some kind of record on how long a 10-month-old could go without a nap. Can you see it in his eyes? His new nickname: No Nap Nathan; aka "Triple Threat")

We're enjoying Jim being out of school so much that dancing after dinner happens spontaneously. I'm pretty sure the music playing while they were dancing here was either "Brick House" or "I shot the Sheriff"; you know, the good stuff.

And we lounge on the front porch a little more.

************************************************************************************
A couple interesting conversations with my daughter:

K: Mommy, you need to put brother's little crib in my room.
M: Put his crib in your bedroom? Why would you want me to do that?
K: So when he cries, I can tell you what's wrong with he.

I grew up knowing that I said something very similar to my mother concerning my little brother, so when I told her what our little lady said, my mother was speechless, literally. I think part of the silence was her being weirded out because of the similarities in our statements.

Another interesting conversation was today. Katherine asked if she could watch some more TV after I had turned it off telling her to get ready for breakfast.
K: But mommy, I want to watch some more cartoons.
M: I know honey, but it's time for you to wash your hands and get ready for breakfast. I said no more right now.
(She turns the TV on)
I peak from around the corner and say: I thought I told you no more TV.
K: I know Mommy, but I did not want to listen to your words.

************************************************************************************
Nathan got his first haircut today. His little hairs no longer hang out over his ears and the back was evened up a little. He was a trooper and I did not cry. I'm still in awe that he's old enough to get a haircut already.

Katherine experienced an 'inside fort' for the first time. I drug out some chairs, laid them on their side and spread a sheet over them. Next time, we'll have to do it while 'the structo' (Katherine's pronunciation of 'destructo') is sleeping. I can see very important meals being cooked or baby feedings happening inside a brother-less fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails