Password protect

Saturday, August 15

Cheap entertainment

'Round these parts (especially since I've been jobless), we scope out cheap forms of entertainment. And when I say cheap, I mean 're-purpose-whatever-is-in-the-house-to-keep-the-children-happy' cheap. Which is what we did today. This was actually Katherine's idea. Good idea sister!



Nathan seemed to enjoy being pulled around with a wide array of toys at his fingertips. I thought it was even cuter that his hair was sticking straight up from the banana slime he insists on spreading through his hair every morning and that it seems he's wearing only a diaper when I take pictures of him here lately. There is a good reason for that, though. Unlike his sister who still shudders at the thought of getting her hands too dirty (much less wiping it everywhere), little dude finds much joy in smearing his slimy joy everywhere. Every morning it is everywhere he can touch upon himself, all over the high chair on top and underneath, my hand or arm when it comes within reach, his water cup; you name it, he touches it and it gets slimed. A mini-bath is required in the kitchen sink about 5 days a week. Soooooo, the hair sticking up and the diaper-only wardrobe is easily explained by this: he's a boy and he doesn't mind getting dirty. I'm starting to come to grips with this and I'm adjusting.

After the video was taken, he started 'driving' his fully loaded laundry basket.

On another note: as of this week twirl status was back up to code orange. You may recall it was code red a while ago because none of the dresses or skirts in Katherine's wardrobe met her twirl specifications. I made her a purple princess skirt and all was well. Don't worry, nothing happened to the princess skirt, but we're back up to code orange because she wants to wear it EVERYWHERE! Around the house, to church, to nice restaurants, to surprise graduation parties, to the grocery store, etc. Code orange on my part, I guess, more than her. I didn't make that princess skirt to be worn in public. The hem isn't straight, it's puckered, the elastic was held together with safety pins and the length varied. So tonight I completed her first publicly-appropriate skirt. She asked to wear it to bed and tested the twirl status at 10:00 tonight. It passed with flying colors. (I'm reaching behind to pat myself on the back). Pictures of the pink and brown skirt later. (she's sleeping in it now)

Since it's safer to lie the ironing board down on the floor after I'm finished using it with a pre-walker roaming around, this was his answer to exploring it:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails