Password protect

Thursday, August 8

Movin' the beds around

We've known that Nathan needed to move to a twin size bed for a while now.  His little feet were hanging off the toddler bed and he ended up in our bed every night because he didn't like the feel of his bed.  "It's not soft like yours, mom."  He was lying on a crib mattress.  They're meant to prevent SIDS in infants.  Nathan is almost 5.

It was time.

The bedroom situation is going to drastically change eventually.  I'm planning on moving K to the smaller room and letting the boys share the larger room.  But for now, Nathan and Katherine are sharing the new beds we got them - bunk beds - and Brandon has moved to the toddler bed.


Side story: Brandon was doing wonderful in his crib.  When it was time to sleep, most of the time he would wave goodbye with his right hand and his left thumb propped half-way in his mouth and word, "Goodnight mommy, I wuv you.  Sweet dreams."  So I didn't feel the pressure to move him to the toddler bed like I did for Nathan.

I digressed.


Bunk beds are so cool.  I remember loving them myself.  We have a daughter that is content with waiting on the move into her own room for now, because of the coolness of the bunk beds.  And, to make it even cooler, she's sleeping on top.


The plan is to have the boys eventually share the bunk beds, with Nathan moving to the top and little guy moving to the bottom when he's outgrown the toddler bed.


I love changing our home's interior.  Stagnant layouts, dated decorations and old setups cause me to feel like we're stuck with what we have.  Repurposing, redesigning and reusing is my answer to not feeling stuck.  And our children have picked up on it.  Katherine has begun asking about once a week if we can re-arrange someone's room. :)


No more sweet little girl's girly room.  It's sharing with the bro for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails