Password protect

Thursday, June 10

The finished product

Tah dah!

Katherine's big-girl room makeover is finally complete, put together and ready to take pictures of. I love it. It's very bright and girly.

I purposely chose a quilt that would go with the colors that were already in her room. Er, uh, I mean Katherine chose a quilt that she liked that also meant mommy and daddy didn't have to repaint her room. :)

Some Design on a Dime things I did:
  • re-painted her name letters and replaced the ribbons hanging them with some I already had
  • painted the center flower pictures myself (saw some at Target and I attempted to copy them)
  • bought cheap white picture mats and painted them myself
  • found really nice gold frames with glass on the 60% off aisle and whitewashed them

  • bought a yard of fabric that matched her quilt
  • re-purposed curtains given to us by making and sewing ruffles on the top
  • re-used the existing lamp shades and hot-glued on ruffles to match

I'm finding that this pinching pennies thing can be fun. Before it used to be all about buying it all and getting the room done in one afternoon. Well, this one took about a month but definitely has some personal touches.

Jim swears Katherine will be driving before he repaints the bottom of her room. That was all taped by an 8-month pregnant mom-to-be and painted in 3 installments by the reluctant father-to-be. She might be stuck with green gingham for a while.

Overall, I love it and think it fits her personality. She's pretty proud of it also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails