Password protect

Thursday, July 12

Beautiful Ballerina

Our little beautiful ballerina had her weekend-long recital on Mother's Day weekend, and I couldn't have been a prouder mama that weekend.





It was a very hectic weekend, but one that gave me some valuable one-on-one time with my little girl who can't seem to stop growing up.  A big thank you shout out to the in-laws for helping keep our family intact that weekend and provide the opportunity to celebrate Mother's Day.


 

On the way to the dress rehearsal, Katherine said from the back seat, "Mom, I have something important to tell you."  My heart kind of sank and I said cautiously, "What's that SweetPea?"  She said slowly, "I really. Like. Being. On the stage."

:)

Shy shmy.





We chose to send her to a different dance company this year and boy was I pleased with the change.  It's the one we've been going to for years that offers the free ballets in the Spring and Christmas time.


This particular performance was based on the story of Esther.  I don't know about you, but (I'm about to tell on myself) historical stories just don't stay planted in my brain when I read them.  Including biblical stories.  (My reading comprehension has always been a little on the 'low' side, guess that's it).  So when I get to see a story acted out and actually have a piece of my heart up there on that stage performing God's word, the guts of the story and meaning tend to stick with me a lot longer than if I would have read it.  Know what I mean?  I'm so thankful for the opportunity to witness God's word through different mediums.  It truly helps.



Katherine was chosen to lead the girls out onto the stage for their part by doing cartwheels.  Our house was the CFCTF, Central Florida Cartwheel Training Facility since the beginning of the year.  All in the name of performing God's word, right?

Her class's part was called the Persian gift-bearers.  They were responsible for bringing gifts to the beautiful Queen Esther.

It was cute.  Very cute.






Some of her fans came by to see her perform.





The Ballet A class taught by Mrs. L and Miss E.  These two ladies provided spectacular, Godly and know-their-stuff leadership.  Of which I am soooo thankful.



Nathan's Sunday School teacher's daughter.  And a frequent babysitter we use.  I just love the intertwining of our little community with church and extra-curricular activities.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails