Password protect

Monday, August 9

"Lazy days of summer" my rear-end

I don't know about you, but I'm just now feeling like I can finally get a couple short gasps of air once more, before my head is forced back underwater.

LAZY DAYS OF SUMMER! Ha! Whoever said that ridiculous quote wasn't rearing two pre-schoolers and trying to take on the task of co-leading a group of 70 women! ( I had to throw that last little bit in because I can't blame all of my summer craziness on the two littlest people in the house; their eyelashes batting, lookin' all sweet and innocent).

So where do I start? I'll start with the most exciting news in our house. Remember the mosquito pit? The science experiment we had bubbling in the back porch? The only block of space we own that I had successfully and completely blocked out of my memory? Remember this?
Well, I do and it has taken on a much different "feeling" in my heart and mind. Thanks to Pool Man Dave and his colorful crew, we now have a beautiful, sparkling and CLEAN pool for our family to enjoy.
The deck isn't so slippery that we curse the Home Depot salesman that convinced us painting it was "okay." It no longer leaves a fowl stench in the back yard. That 18x30 foot area is no longer blocked from my memory. (a defense tactic I strategized to preserve my sanity).

Now we have an official fish and a wanna-be fish enjoying it's coolness on these extremely hot summer days. And what a blessing that is. Now, if I could only convince the wanna-be fish to wait his turn.

1 comment:

  1. congrats! I love my pool. If you are interested, I also have a replacement for chlorine & all the other stuff you have to put in it. It's called swimming pool magic & it really is.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails