Password protect

Thursday, August 12

A great week

I hope I'm not jinxing anything by mentioning this, but this past week has been one of the best during my mommy-ing journey. The last 2 months were so busy, hectic and non-stop, it was as if we barely had time to even notice the people living in our own home.

Don't get me wrong. The pool and swim lessons and Princess Party and vacation were all exciting, fun and memorable. But this week we did very important stuff, like:
  • go visit daddy, have lunch with him and ride around on a golf cart while looking at crop fields and tractors
  • spend time with our neighbors learning how to bake sugar cookies and decorate them
  • have our friends come over for playtime and lunch
  • go for a 5-minute walk around the block that takes 45 minutes
  • learn about the difference between Pine trees and Oak trees
  • pick up, touch and drop pine cones that are prickly
  • pick lots of flowers every day and put them in water vases
  • watch a black snake sliver across the lawn
  • watch new construction equipment in action
  • visit and swim with the cousins
  • color with our newly sharpened colored pencils at the table together
  • eat supper at the table together as a family
  • take a ride in the couch-car to our vacation spot - St. Augustine
  • finally eat something home-cooked
  • read new books we borrowed from our friends
  • purposely make funny faces over and over again just to get a laugh
  • cuddle with each other
  • Say I Love You more times than I can count
I consider myself so blessed and thankful to have been given the opportunity to be a mom. Even more importantly, I'm thankful for the parallels brought to my attention regarding the love and admiration I have for my children as compared to God's love for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails