Password protect

Wednesday, August 25

One more year with her


We made the very difficult decision to not put Katherine in school this year. So, you've been reading the best creative writing works from her current Pre-K teacher: yours truly.

Never fear though, I've got a plan. The curriculum is en route, but mostly I plan on enjoying her being home one more year. I look forward to her climbing into our bed to cuddle the last minutes of the morning. I look forward to having the opportunity to turn a quick errand into a 30-minute long gazing at and learning session on heavy equipment resurfacing a road (yes, even Katherine enjoys them). Or even us talking about how our eye's pupils work kind of like the flexible steamer basket, then comparing the size while in the sunlight and in the dark closet.

We have lots more pages to color, dresses to design on Disney's website, books to check out from the library, friends to meet at the playground, vacations to take in the couch car, worms to rescue and errands to run in the Barbie Jeep.

I have many friends saying good-bye to those times with their "babies" and I hurt for them. Although, I know this is all part of the process and their kids are doing great, God help me the first day of Kindergarten.

No seriously: God, please help me the first day of Kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails