Password protect

Tuesday, December 22

I want to be just like you...

I saw this on my Facebook account and it made me wonder if my daughter would say the same about me this season.



And this one I read on a blog I've become a big fan of (Stretch Marks).

Thank you Lord.

Thank you, that when I close my eyes and cry at this time of year,

I cannot help but see you in a manger filled with hay.

I cannot help but be reminded that the flesh you wore was mine -

and it was filled with pain and sin and utter disappointment.

And still, you took it on. And wore it.

Making my hurt, your hurt.

Making my pain, your pain.

Making my sin, your reason.

Thank you that every loss I've ever had was no surprise to you.

And every tear I've shed has been saved.

And thank you that instead of coming to this earth in a splash of royalty -

in a palace full of kings and thrones -

you came in a barn.

Full of splinters and straw.

For you knew that one day, when I closed my eyes,

I would need to envision something realistic.

And I know splinters better than I know fine china.

So thank you, for thinking ahead.


Both of these were wonderful wake-up calls for me.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails