Password protect

Sunday, July 19

Lord, I apologize

I tricked Katherine into thinking I was 'adjusting' the camera when I got her tell me about "celebrating her baby's birthday." Normally, she won't act like herself when the video comes out so this was a treat.



That was baby Octopus, turning 32, with no birthday cake today, but tomorrow. I love the dramatic expressions with her eyes and pronunciations. Can you tell when mini-destructo comes near us? There's a natural scattering that occurs.

**************************************************************************************

Tonight, I was reading one of the blogs I follow religiously and thought this quote was worth repeating.
"You might as well embrace the fact that, until at least the majority of your kids can wipe themselves, your family will be a very entertaining sideshow."
Boy, did I feel like that on Saturday when I tried to carry both kids (one asleep in his car seat), my purse, a bag to return items and a family-size umbrella into Wal-Mart, while it was raining, for a whopping refund of $7 and to buy some formula. One man even commented, "Boy, that looks like fun" as we were trying to leave. And, in true Larry the Cable the Guy fashion, I humbly say, "Lord, I apologize" to the lady who came eagerly running toward me, covered in a bright yellow rain poncho, to deliver a flier soliciting donations for the Stuff the Bus campaign. My reaction was less than Jesus-like: I shot her eye-daggers, raised my eyebrows, did the frustrated-mom-head-bob and tersely snapped, "Oh come on. Do I look like I have a free hand, lady?"

I kept justifying the trip because we really did need formula. Deep down inside, there was another reason, I'm just not sure what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails