Password protect

Monday, July 6

Dress-Up Monday

Today started off with Katherine being extra excited about wearing her princess dress that Mer bought for her in February of last year for Halloween. For some unknown reason, I packed it away after Halloween and forgot about it. So, I took it out last night and hung it on the closet door for her to see when she got up. I helped her put it on and she got down on her hands and knees, talked a little louder than normal, and proudly and very clearly pronounced to Nathan, "Look brother, I'm a princess."

Here she is checking herself out in the mirror after the fitting...














































I think she likes what she sees...























And the ever-so-important twirl test...























So then she thought she had wardrobing powers over the whole house and declared that she was going to pick out my clothes and brother's clothes. I got brother out of it by explaining that it's hard for him to crawl while wearing a dress. Her response: "Then can we put a dress on he when he get in the walker?"

I was not so lucky. She thumbed through all my shirts hanging up and pulled out a glitter leopard print halter top from my clubbing days. "Oh no, that one is scratchy," I said. "But, Mommy we would match." (The glitter, that is). So I carefully pulled the scratchy glitter leopard print halter top over my sunburned shoulders and lower back and said, "Ta da." Her face was less than thrilled. "Mommy, you need to take that off. You look silly."

Fine with me. Her next pick was another shirt from my clubbing days (I think she's picking these because she's never seen me wear them before and only God knows why I'm keeping them). She didn't like that one either. She asked for a dress that sparkled, so I pulled out a salmon and gold-sparkly dress that I think I wore once on our honeymoon. She liked the sparkly, but it wasn't long enough for her. Didn't twirl. I explained that this next choice was the last one I was going to put on. It was the dress I wore to our wedding rehearsal. I was just so happy it still fit and she liked it also.

The dress got some good wear today because it was on when I vacuumed, mopped, swiffered and polished all the floors, prepared lunch, ate lunch, loaded the dishwasher, took the mail outside and got them ready for naps.

************************************************************************************
I wanted to get her on video singing this song. It's our family's kid theme song and is just too cute to forget about.





And this is Nathan's quirky way of letting us know he's not happy doing what he's doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails