Password protect

Wednesday, November 28

Repelling Rears

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has felt the desire to do this and actually followed through with it.

Background: My two older children, and soon to be youngest, have severe problems with staying in their seats while eating.  If I say "sit down" one time while they attempt to eat a puny half sandwich, I say it AT LEAST 30 times.  I get tired of hearing myself say it, so I know they do also.  After the first time, I've turned into Charlie Brown's teacher.  Waah waah waah waah waah.  They are unable to decipher any words coming out of my mouth.

The good news is there is a scientific phenomenon occurring in our dining room and I think I've figured it out.  Their little behinds react to the flat chair surfaces like similar magnetic ends by repelling each other.  See?



 

Child's rear end                        The chair         

See how that works?  (You can thank me later for the illustration.  I know middle school science class was long enough ago for us all to appreciate a little picture reminder).  I'm pretty sure I just proved that they're NOT CAPABLE of sitting for too long for fear of hovering OFF THEIR CHAIR.

Well yeah, that's gotta be it!

So, my answer to the repelling problem is: dining room chair seat belts.
a.k.a.: Daddy's belts

Here's what I do that I need help knowing other loving, caring and considerate mothers have done also.  BEFORE I've asked less than a dozen times for them to sit down, BEFORE I'm ready to pull my hair out, I'll ask the children if I need to go get the belts and they start screaming.  Oh stop it!  Not like that!  They're screaming out of sheer joy and excitement.  They love the seat belt idea!

My children are weird.  Here's the proof.


Even though it would be fairly easy for them to get out of, I really do think the restriction helps steer their little bodies to be still for a micro-second.


And keeps Mommy happy. ier.

  

Brandon, is just along for the entertainment.  He still sits in the high chair, thank goodness, but I can see his wandering wings starting to spread.
 



I'd like to take this time to thank Mrs. Brydon, my 9th grade science teacher who probably, maybe, heck I don't know, taught me about magnetic attractions and repulsionsBecause of you Mrs. Brydon, I was able to figure out the annoying scientific-related phenomenon occurring in our dining room, solve the little problem and retain the shreds of sanity I believe I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails