Password protect

Monday, February 22

Fatherly influence

My husband pulled a fast one on me the other day by singing a tune I thought he had made up. He sang it off and on for an hour or so, all the while I thought he was propositioning me so I made sure to not acknowledge his vocals.

He finally asked me if I knew what song he was singing.

Me: No, it's just one of your silly songs you make up and I'm not paying any attention to it.
Jim: HA! You really don't know what song I'm singing?
Me: No, it's ridiculous and I'm not going there.
Jim: Mrs. "I'm up on all the entertainment news because I watch MTV and E! news" doesn't know what song I'm singing?
Me: What are you talking about? No, I have no idea what you're singing.
Jim: Come here.

We go to the computer where he pulls up YouTube and has a video for me to watch. It was American Idol's visit to Atlanta where 62 year-old Larry Platt, aka the General, sang a song he personally wrote entitled, "Pants on the ground."



and then he pulled up another YouTube video showing Jimmy Fallon's rendition of Neil Young singing "Pants on the ground."



Needless to say, I must have been living in a hole for the past month because it's been such a pop culture phenomenon and I missed every single bit of it.

So here's the funny part. This morning guess who started singing "Pants on the ground" while she was waiting for her breakfast. The 3-year-old remembered from 2-3 weeks ago and started singing the Jimmy Fallon/Neil Young version.

And then, within minutes, she picked up her unactivated cell phone and declared in her white-girl-trying-to-be-ghetto-voice, "Quit calling me floo." (That last word is not a typo, she hasn't been introduced to the word "fool" yet, so I'm not correcting her).

Her father has been quite the influence on her lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails