Password protect

Saturday, October 17

I can't believe he's 1, already!


What a nice day. It was blistering hot, setting record highs for our area in the middle of October, but the company was wonderful and we enjoyed celebrating our little man's life here with us.His post cup-cake scrub-down, given by Mer, and on to outfit #2.
We had lots of little people to help us celebrate.M, in the pink Barbie Jeep. That was right after he said to Jim, "Uncle Jim, you guys don't have ANY fun toys here at all!" Poor little guy. Don't worry, I won't pull this picture out at a convenient time another 10 years down the road. :)These 3 can be inseparable sometimes. J just came from another BDay party with a superhero theme and I'm pretty sure he insisted on wearing the cape and mask for the car ride to our house.
And check out A's bee-yu-ti-ful blue eyes. She's another cousin and cute as a button. (Notice all the red cheeks? It was HOT!)
We turned the front yard into play central for the little people, and seating for the 'bigger' people.
Uncle R showing some gentle guidance.

The end of the festivities had J, who had arrived from his other BDay Party just minutes before, hooking up a chain out of Papa's toolbox, a real heavy-duty chain, to the back of the pink Barbie Jeep and the front of the John Deere tricycle to pull it around the yard. This is what rednecks do when they live in the city...


I've thought many times, "was it really a year ago I was trying to convince myself those weren't contractions?" I was sure it was only because I hadn't drank enough water for the day, so I drank a lot and couldn't drown away the pain. It was a Sunday night and I was steadily trying to balance the checkbook, pay the bills, update the budget, and complete a record plat, Cedar Key Villas to be exact, while methodically breathing my way through the pain. I thought I might have the baby soon, so I was trying to get it all finished that night. It wasn't for another couple hours that I was convinced it was the real thing. Time to call the neighbor we had planned to watch Katherine if we had to leave in the middle of the night. She came over, witnessed me bearing and breathing through the pain. Jim got himself ready for a hospital night stay, I loaded the car and by the time we got to the labor/delivery room I was 5 centimeters. I got checked in at 11:30pm and he was born at 2:43am. He was ready to see the world and hasn't stopped since.
Nathan Andrew, you are a precious gift from God. Me, Daddy and Katherine are so happy you're a part of our family. We love your contagious smile, your zest for life, your slobbery kisses and your squeals of excitement. Welcome to this world. We hope to make it an enjoyable trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails