Password protect

Tuesday, October 20

Enjoying the cooler autumn weather

Our first cool day of the season and my Florida-girl has to dress for the occasion. It was 60-65 degrees and someone was very excited to get out all the winter gear.
Someone was less than thrilled to 1. be having his picture taken; 2. be wearing a jacket; and/or 3. with being forced to sit next to a flat metal pumpkin with glitter on it (I can picture it now, "Come on Mom, do you have to take so many pictures. Hurry up."). Although, he might look so disgusted because this was the first day of his current cold.

I finally got to organize our thousand-or-so pictures on the computer, so enjoy some past Fall pictures
. . . 2008

. . . 2007

. . . 2006
. . . 2004 (Pre-kids)

I went through what I believe might have been another lapse in judgment this morning. It's funny when you get a chance to look back and actually think about what you allowed, when at the time it was in reality done to pacify or just keep the child quiet or occupied. This morning's lapse was when I was drying my hair and was about to put on make-up.

Little Lady so politely asked, "Mommy, can I put on some of your make-up please?"

"Well, of course, honey. Go get the stool so you can see the mirror."

She's done this many times before, but usually only when I've pulled out the 4 items I use and she's then limited to only those 4. But today, under my watchful eye, she proceeded to get out everything in the bag and put it all on her cheeks and neck. And you know what? I didn't care. Not even when we took a trip to the park to eat lunch, did I care about other people seeing her cheeks look like they were streaked with day-old dirt. Aunt J who met us there, didn't even comment on it. She knew it was probably some girly thing involving make-up.
She's going to want to strangle me one day, I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails