Password protect

Thursday, May 31

I can do it!


I keep hearing the Rob Schneider characters in the Adam Sandler movies cheering, "You can do it!"

See this link

I'm pretty sure Jim mentioned it as a joke, but I took it seriously.  It was that I rode my bike 8.6 miles to meet my family at Moe's for supper.  I rode and they drove/rode in the car.  It was kind of cool to wave at them when they passed me.  It was kind of not cool also because I learned that I really need both hands on the bike to steer.

What I didn't realize was that I really wasn't going to feel like eating after exerting so much strenuous activity, but I managed.  I also managed to be one of those people that you can't help staring at.  You see, my body is built and designed to turn into a pulsating blood-at-the-skin's-surface machine when I exercise.  Little exercise or a lot, doesn't matter.  I turn into a red hot sun-burned-looking lobster.  So after pacing a good 10 minutes after dismounting the bike and spending another 10 minutes standing in line to order, I took the kids to the bathroom to wash their hands and WHAT!!!  I'm prepared to start scaring little children.  My face and neck seriously looked like someone spread a heavy layer of dark red blush all over it.  My own children were hesitantly congratulating me when they followed me into the parking lot.  It's very embarrassing, but not enough to stop.

The race is in 9 days and I knew I really needed to become familiar with the bike before the morning of, so today was the day.

It took me 50 minutes, but I would guess about 10-15 of that was stop lights, drink breaks and a break for the chain.

I did learn how to reattach the chain when it comes off the gears.  I learned that I'm no good at drinking water while riding.  I also learned that I would much rather ride on the sidewalk than chance the bike lane.  All it would take is a distracted driver (no, I've never experienced that), a little swerve, and my family would be attending a funeral next Saturday instead of a race.

It's coming down to the wire and I'm excited.

Go Mommy! Go mommy! Go mommy! Go mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails