Password protect

Saturday, August 13

Why didn't I think of this sooner?

I feel so outdated, yet so up-to-date, all at the same time. Strange, I know.

I'm sitting in my bed, blogging. I've been catching up on some other blogs, updating some software, creating a recovery disk, etc. on my new laptop. While sitting in my bed. Did you get that part? Sitting in my bed. Yep, you heard me right, and on my new laptop.

Have we switched to the new millennium yet?

Uh, can someone say, Why in the world didn't you do that sooner, Kel? I love this thing. It's my new best friend, at night, when I have some alone time. It's causing me to stay up late and not get very much sleep.

I'm outdated because my last computer purchase, 6 years ago, should have been a laptop. But it wasn't. And I'm so up-to-date because I've finally caught on to what everybody else has found so appealing about these electronic toys. Upgrading to a mobile phone with a qwerty keyboard was big news 'round here, also.

I'm having so much fun customizing toolbars, choosing wallpaper backgrounds, and personalizing this 4 pound thin, flat, black plastic and metal object. I've even found a special usage for the box it came in. Believe it or not, it's a perfect lap pad for sitting in bed. :)

I admit it, I'm a nerd at heart. I still carry around a paper planner and I love computer stuff. Oh well, it takes all kinds, right? In defense of my nerdiness and particular-ness, I've always said,

"Would you want someone who wasn't detailed and precise building your skyscrapers or bridges?" I think not.

I'm still working out some kinks re: transferring info from the desktop to the laptop, but irregardless, I'm having a blast with this thing.

(I'm starting to see why my mom was so uncool by my teenage years.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails