Password protect

Friday, June 10

Potty training part deux

Potty training Part one was not a success.

I gave birth to a male chauvinist 2.5 years ago. He was showing signs of it before he knew the difference between girls and boys.

You see back in November, when his dad was finished with him at the end of the 10 days he painstakingly spent training the little fella, Nathan would go to the bathroom for daddy, no problem. But as soon as daddy went back to work, it was nothing but turmoil between mother and son.

It was back in March I decided that my relationship with him was more important than him being potty trained at 2 years, 5 months. Here's what I wrote then...
"I have officially taken a potty-training sabbatical and will revisit it when he actually shows an interest. I've lowered my standards enough to be okay with Kindergarten peer-pressure finally being the attention-grabber he's been needing."

So, let's try it again...
-6 months later
-he's more mature
-I'm more strict
-And I'm a mother tired of wiping man-size/adult-smelling poops off a squirmy hiney 5 times bigger than his brother's when I know he's PERFECTLY CAPABLE of going on the potty if he WANTED TO!

So, today was T minus zero days and sister was here to eagerly help him pick out which pair of underwear he wanted.

Good luck to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails