Password protect

Monday, June 6

First smile


June 2, 2011
4 weeks old
Brandon's first official and intentional smile


I awoke to his baby grunting, slight wimpering and tooting. Picked him up, gently cradled his head and back in my hands and arms facing me and started quietly singing "Good Morning", (Singing in the Rain version)

Good morning, good morning
We talked the whole night through
Good morning, good morning to you

Good morning, good morning
It's great to stay up late
Good morning, good morning to you

He stared into my eyes. His eyes slowly moved from my eyes to my mouth and around the circumference of my face. Taking it all in. What his mother looks like.

My warmth, touch, smell, sound.
And then it happened...
He smiled!



At me!
How is it something so simple, innocent and seemingly benign can make my heart nearly jump out of it's cozy cavity.
For an instant, all was right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails