Password protect

Tuesday, January 5

My birthday & birthday-eve night

Today is my birthday and I'm officially half-way to 70. That's kind of a depressing way of looking at it, but not really. I choose to look at it as I've accomplished a lot in this life of mine so far and I've got the second half to finish off the "easy" stuff.

Katherine and Jim bought my birthday gift about a week ago and she has really shown her fortitude and stamina when it comes to keeping a secret. Jim told her to not tell me what the gift was and she did just that. Every day, with Jim around and not around, I would prod and entice her to tell me what it was. "Don't worry Katherine, I won't tell Daddy that you told me. It'll be our special secret" didn't work. She truly enjoyed knowing what was wrapped up, me not knowing and keeping a secret for a long time. And she did an awesome job. She didn't budge one bit after lots of attempts on my behalf.

Although, I did stump her this morning. When I woke her, I explained what we were doing today and that it was my birthday. She quickly perked up from her usual morning sleepiness and said, "Now I can tell you what your present is!" And I said, "Well, I'd like to wait until Daddy is home also to open it. It was from you, him and Nathan." Her furrowed eyebrows and slight frown told me that what I said didn't make any sense in her little world.

While little guy was taking his short and only nap for the day, Katherine and I made insanely-fudgey brownies. I sold her on the idea over cupcakes by telling her we could put icing on the brownies also and when I agreed to sprinkles, it was a no-brainer. So our friend Miss A made some homemade thick and insanely sweet icing for us to spread over the brownies. Can you tell it's my birthday and Weight Watchers has been forgotten about lately?

We believe Nathan is starting to outgrow his two naps. I remember this process 2.5 years ago and it was not very fun then either. He was quite the pickle to deal with for the afternoon and I thankfully had two grandmothers, two grandfathers, and a daddy to pass him off to for supper tonight at Sam's St. Johns. That was my birthday present.

After our, well, my relaxing supper, little guy opted to not participate in the brownie-eating and present-opening activities. So, Katherine and I opened them together while daddy sat behind the lens. It is so precious to watch her little face light up over the simplest gifts. She could have wrapped up a used sock and I would have enjoyed opening it with her.

Hand picked and wrapped by my little precious is a bath poof...(can you sense the anticipation)
and a foot/leg/back massage set complete with back massager thinga-ma-bob.
Last night was a cute little surprise my creative husband concocted with our daughter. She loves to cuddle right before bed and I told her I'd be in there in 10 minutes. When I came in, I found Miss cutie-patootie and hubby pretending to be asleep (with a great big ole' grin on her face)...next to my pajamas, stuffed with a pillow, with the arm of my pajamas cuddling Cathy-bear who was neatly covered with a blanket and maternity-issued socks placed in foot position.They can be so silly sometimes.
I had a great day. Thanks to the modern marvel of heated homes, we were insulated from the unusually cold weather outside, enjoyed spending time with friends we hadn't seen in a while, visited with loved ones, ate good food and I finished up the money collection for my Christmas/Birthday present - a new camera! More to come on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails