Password protect

Tuesday, January 19

Camera Conundrum

I'm a little slow on the updates because (cue the music: the conclusion of Part II of Handel's "Messiah", most well known as the "Hallelujah" chorus)...

I got a new camera, a digital SLR I've been drooling over for at least three years!

This was my Christmas and Birthday present. Short of the "really" important things I want in life like family, health and being loved, this was what I truly wanted. My interest in photography dates back to 8th grade and earlier. My dad bought a SLR camera that he enjoyed tinkering around with and he let me take it on the 8th grade trip to Washington DC. Wow! I must have been really trustworthy or he was hoping I'd destroy it so he could get another one. (just kidding Dad). Taking a good picture has always been a desire of mine.

There's just one problem: I'm still figuring out how to use it.

Here's where I told my mom I feel like an old person. The old camera, although point-and-shoot and not what I really wanted, was very familiar and easy. With a husband, two kids and my normal household duties, figuring out this camera, even uploading the pictures, will take me much longer than I'd like.

So, I've got this fabulous new camera that is so much fun to play with and try to figure out, but I haven't even got to the uploading pictures part yet. We went to the Florida Aquarium in Tampa yesterday and I think a couple pictures are great. Have to do some more homework first. Got some cute pictures of my sister-in-law's baby shower that I'm sure she'd love to see, she'll unfortunately have to wait.

I think I better go read up on uploading pictures. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails