Password protect

Monday, December 19

Thanksgiving weekends

Our Thanksgiving weekends consisted of 3 very different, but enjoyable events. We truly are blessed to have our family close by so we can spend time with them not only regularly, but also during the holidays.

The first round was the weekend before Thanksgiving with the Boyers.  It was at Nanny's old place, which I have affectionately nicknamed the Pedro Party Pad, and it started out with some sweet wheels.  Uncle R brought a dunebuggy for us to play with for the weekend.

The boys were heartbroken.  NOT.


Even the big boys were heartbroken. NOT. Again.




  

  


 




Trying to keep mom half-way in the cool status.









Then, that evening was when I was introduced to a foreign language.  Commonly referred to 'Cooking by the Campfire.'  Wow, talk about throwing a wrench in the spokes of my learning-how-to-cook tricycle.  It was very cool, don't get me wrong.  Just a little much for my non-cooking brain to process all at once.  Cooking a turkey in the oven is something I'm still venturing out to try all by my big girl self, then this: cooking a turkey in a dutch oven over hot coals.  Don't hold your breath.


Turkey deliciousness.







Some cute Thanksgiving decorations.
 


Nathan and J enjoying the hammock that was hung a little low.  Twas a great opportunity to raz Papa.




Ample opportunity and space to run.



 


 Aunt Kelle heard a neat decorating tip on the radio while driving out there, so all the kids got involved.  Their first assignment was to collect as many acorns as they could stand.




And boy were they good at it.


Their next assignment was to collect interesting branches, leaves, fruits from around the yard.  Then, assemble them all together for one-of-a-kind table centerpieces for our outdoor Thanksgiving meal.


Some of the handiwork and the marvelous artists.



 



 


Somebody was pouting because of no nap and the only way I got him to look up was to claim I saw a bulldozer.  Turkey.

Did I happen to mention this was a camping trip also?  Well, it was.  Kind of.  For some of us.  The 2 moms and the 2 youngest Boyers, 6 month old Brandon and 17 month old H, got the luxury of "camping out" inside Nanny's old house.  With beds.

Here are the experts at work.  They don't even need daylight to erect an 8-person tent.

















Bamah asked me to take pictures of this so we had documentation of her sleeping in a tent.  Well, it doesn't quite show that, but she was helping to assemble their sleeping quarters and from what I hear, she did make it the whole night in the tent and according to her, "slept like a log."  Good stuff.


The next day was fun to wake up and hear the stories from the tent-sleepers and the tent-gigglers and the bathroom-frequenters and the slept-like-a-loggers.





 

  










Our next outing was on Thanksgiving day.  We drove to my parent's former homeland and went to go visit my Aunt N with Mom, G-ma and G-pa.  Aunt N's two kids are in California and Colorado.  Major bummer, I say.  Major bummer.  But never fear, we brought enough children and high-maintenance demands to make sure Aunt N got a good dose of children to hold her over for a while.



The next outing was with my Dad, brother M and his family the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  We ventured over to the coast for some R&R on the water.  Dad brought his boat and we hung out with the crew for a good Thanksgiving feast at the local pub.  Ha!  Just kidding!  It was a restaurant.

Dad took the serious fishermen out the next morning and by the time he came back, the high-maintenance crew was able to take a short ride.  It had to be short because within 5 minutes of being on the boat and having to wear a life vest, Nathan was asking when we would be there and he was hungry and he wanted to go fast and where's daddy and M was hungry and Katherine's hair kept sticking in her eyes and she was thirsty and little M was tired of wearing her life vest and OH MY!  No, CowPapa, I'm pretty sure we're not going to make it all the way out of the river to get to the open water (1-hr round trip) before someone has a coronary.  And it looks like it's going to be me.

We did manage to get some pictures of the crew on our really quick trip. :)
M, a very good and die-hard fisherman.


Behold the crew of the S.S. High Maintenance.


This guy wasn't too happy with his life vest either.

(My oh my, who is that ruggedly handsome man in the background?  Oh that's right, he's my husband.  Lucky me. :)


So there you go.  Pictures and documentation from our 3 Thanksgiving festivities in 7 days.

A little late, I know.  I just hope I get Christmas pictures posted before Valentine's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails