Password protect

Thursday, January 13

Tent fun

Baby steps, Kel, baby steps.

Rather than dive into the longevity that a Christmas post merits and take away time from teaching my anxious pre-reader more about blending sounds, today's post will be short.

I remember loving to build tents in the house and play in them. I also remember that if I constructed the tent, it was usually going to fall down easy and if I actually spent the time to make it sturdy it was taking away from productive play time. So where was that happy medium?

Rather than put that type of pressure on two little ones who don't need to be moving furniture by themselves and leave it up to them which sheets to pull out of the closet, I decided to put one together on a day that was too cold to go outside.

VIOLA!Complete with a rocking chair for mothering baby dolls, pillows to lounge on while reading, and a tractor blanket surrounded by none other than, Monster Trucks!
Usually, the amount of time I spend building the tent is equal to the amount of they spend playing in it argument-free. So, after a while, Captain Destructo must be removed and put in his bed for rest time. That way, Little Lady can read in peace.

(What I'm not able to convey with just words and pictures about this marvelous sheet-tent was it's abhorrent smell. I chose to use the yucky sheets we cover the dog's bed with and my lawdy-be, they stunk up the entire house. Thankfully the little people didn't mind the concentration of smell collecting inside the tent, a marvelous combination of wet dog and soured sheets. Needless to say, all the sheets got a good run through the good ole' washin' machine after the tent was dismantled.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails