Password protect

Tuesday, November 23

Coon Hollo

We visited the 2nd annual Coon Hollo Corn Maze this year. Last year was their first year, and it went quite well.

Some pics of the fun...

Kids love this stuff! Something as simple as corn!
And being able to climb up on hay bales! Can it get any better?
This year was a little different because I had a personal stake in how well they did. Amy offered for me to sell some 'wares in her mom's "Nana's Country Store." So, true to my nature, rather than break out the old sewing machine, I broke out the internet and started ordering wholesale.

There's this store in St. Augustine that Jim and I always visit and the purses in there are cute. Cute enough for me to talk about them after we leave because I'm always so cheap I don't want to buy one. The last time we visited, I took a peak of the brand name of those purses and decided to do a little investigative work. They were sold online by a company out of Atlanta. Whoo hoo! Hot diggity dog! I've got my merchandise.

Six shipments later, a month worth of sales, and one full weekend of working the store, I came out ok. Enough to start a pretty good Christmas fund.

The highlight of my little attempt at retail is being able to add "celebrity clientele" to my resume. A movie star celebrity and his wife happen to live here in Ocala. John Travolta didn't make it to Coon Hollo, but his beautiful, 8-months pregnant, wife, Kelly did. And she bought one of my purses! (I don't really have to go into how it was for one of her daughter's friends, but I'll save her the embarrassment anyway.) It made working that weekend even more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails